Friday, March 5, 2010

Lesson to be Learned from Kids

The other day I took Bug and her friend to McDonald's for lunch. The girls entered the play area, and I heard a little boy who was already in there yell at them, "Get out of our house"! Remaining calm, (which I'm not always), I waited to see how it would play out. Bug and her friend came out and said, "They won't let us play in there"! (In the meantime, I'm wondering who the child's parent/guardian is, and why they don't tell the boy that is rude). I respond, "Go tell him it's for everyone, and that he needs to share". The boy exits the slide then and the girls go up to him and say, "It's for everyone"! The boy says, "OK"! Then one of the girls says, "Wanna play with us"? And they all run off to play, best friends for the duration of the visit!
No harm, no foul. If only as adults we could work out problems, accept others' opinions and join together so easily/freely. Ya gotta love kids! Sometimes they have it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment